spring loops

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Sun Aug 31 09:08:19 MDT 2008

List,
Just completed  Yamaha spring loop replacement. Followed Tom D's method. Went well , and after filing hammers, cleaning slots , cutting cord, and glueing new cords, it took about 6hrs.

When I installed the action back in the piano(p-22) , all of the hammers were way up off the rail and blocking when played. The solution I took was to lower capstans and lower let-off button and reset backcheck distance.

My question is: What caused the capstans to change their relationship to the whippens so drasticaly ?

Thanks,
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano