[pianotech] Removing Glue

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Mon Dec 15 05:31:48 PST 2008

I've already extended my apologies to the engineers who are the rare
exception to my statement. However, as one who prefers to change his own oil
and filter, air filters, other "simple" and routine maintenance or repair
work on my car, or clean the crumbs from my toaster, I consistently find
myself repeating that statement. In fact, I have a choice on my car... I can
change my own, or make an appointment at the dealer (20km away) and pay
through the nose. The other option (having the "oil change professionals" do
it at [e.g.] Jiffy Lube) ultimately results in still more considerable
expense from incorrectly replaced splash pans and over-torqued (and
un-washered) drain plugs.
Sure, after 100 years of building automobiles, it is generally easier now to
change a tail light or certainly a headlight, but I've seen that botched,
too.

Don't worry, I will never again post those words here, nor will I post any
more words to this thread.

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN