[pianotech] Order Compensation?

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Thu Dec 18 14:31:16 PST 2008

Living on the edge, in Texas,
Why do you have to replace the samples?
Why do you have to tune the piano an extra time?
What kind of glue are you using?
Jig?
Just how loose were they?

You should have contingency plans, in case they
don't arrive (you know,like Christmas, or snow?)
You have a number of chapter members who might be
able to advise you, like Charles Ball or Tom Seay.
Is there a stand-in piano available?  Remember, tomorrow is Friday.
Get some sleep.  You may be up for a few days.
Don't ever promise.

Once you're past this, you might be better off
figuring out what you did wrong in planning,
rather than angling for a discount.  After all,
if you do make it through, as we hope, you might
want to pay them for the learning opportunity.

Good luck -

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY