Compression ridges was :Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior to gluing ?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Feb 1 12:36:13 MST 2008

    "Stiffness is desired in the high treble but what about the bass
    where flexibility seems to rule? "

        According to Del (and I believe it) high mass and high
        flexibility isdesired for treble. High stiffness and low mass is
        desired for bass. Low bass frequencies require a very rigid
        moving panel. If the panel is not rigid it absorbs all the
        energy before pumping out the fundamental frequency.
        Dean

Er... I believe you have it backwards Dean.

Cheers
RicB