Key for Zimmermann

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 01:05:17 MST 2008

Sending the lock seems to complicated to me. Is there a US subsidary of Jahn Pianoparts? Here is the German version of their catalogue:
http://www.pianoteile.com/kataloge/pdf/Zubehoerkatalog.pdf

Look for Item 20.60.00, 20.60.10, 20.60.19 (Yamaha key) and 20.60.20. Order a handful of these keys and you will have every key you need in the future.

Gregor

From: irs.pianos at earthlink.netTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: RE: Key for ZimmermannDate: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:36:27 -0800

Hi,Tony!
I can give you a few suggestions how to find a key for Zimmerman…. I have a pretty good collection of different keys,so,you can send me the lock and I will try to match it with the proper key.. On a few occasions I took out the lock and my client took it to the locksmith and it was done…On one occasion Mr.Lookerson took the whole keyslip to the locksmith ,because the lock was sealed in the cabinet,and I showed him how to re-install the key slip rail back in place,it was no problem….Let me know if any of those scenarios will work for you…Good luck   isaac.

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of PianoTek4u at aol.comSent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:36 AMTo: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Re: Key for Zimmermann

Thanks for the response, Gregor.  I distinctly remember seeing a decal on the inside of the piano saying it was made in the GDR so I believe it is of East German construction.  Any help in obtaining a key would be most appreciated.

Tony Bajada