hitch pin loop tool

Elwood Doss edoss at utm.edu
Mon Feb 11 23:12:50 MST 2008

I'd have to look it up, but someone gave one to me at one of the
conventions.  I think I wrote his name on it so I could thank him every
time I use it.  Now, these are for making coils on unwrapped strings.
How many of those do we use in a piano?  What about wrapped strings in
which all of them have hitch pin loops.  After the loop is made, the
string would have to be pulled through the tool and the hole is not
large enough to pull a wrapped string through.  If I'm replacing an
unwrapped string, 99% of the time I'll loop the string around the hitch
pin.  Am I missing something here?
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., M.M.E., RPT