Baldwin SF-10 grand with acu-just hitch pins

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Wed Feb 13 16:42:28 MST 2008

---- AlliedPianoCraft <AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Rob, I have the pinblock height set exactly as it was from the factory. Left - Right, Up - Down. All shims in place. The front of the plate is correctly set as it was. Is the adjustment screw at the tail visible/adjustable from the top or do I need to remove the plate to adjust it? I didn't notice it when I had the plate upside down fitting the pinblock.

I don't recall an adjustment screw at the tail, but there is another way that does not require removal of the plate.  Slip a shim under the plate, and under a perimeter screw hole.  Insert a perimeter screw and screw it down until it contacts the shim, and begins to jack up the plate.  Once you get it to the optimal height, insert the other perimeter screws to lock in the plate.  Loosen the screw you used as a "jack," remove the shim, and reinsert the screw as was done with the others.

As I suggested in my earlier post, You might want to alter the pinblock shimming.  The original pinblock height may not be the optimal height.

Frank Emerson