Brentwood piano has low low keys

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Fri Feb 15 16:09:37 MST 2008

Julia,
I don't know what a brentwood is, spinet, I think. If the balance pins are showing 1/4" above the bushing, you can raise them with more felt or punching, if you have room under the fall. Look also at the key slip, will you be able to see under the key when you raise them up? Case parts will tell you a lot about where to set key ht. Shimming the rail makes since too, but the exposed pin makes me think the key should be higher through shimming. Might just have to make an executive decision and go for it.
Fenton