Beautiful Sitka Spruce

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Feb 17 14:06:35 MST 2008

Go for it.
Fenton
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano
  To: Piano Tech List
  Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:55 AM
  Subject: Re: Beautiful Sitka Spruce

  Terry, if I had half of your salty dog woodworking chops, I wouldn't need this fancy machine. But even still it took quite a bit of calibration to get this thing to within your tolerances. There is a secret to the calibration, you need to hang it out to dry (see picture)...

  Ron and Fenton: Here in the Northeast we consider it a luxury to actually have a shop on our property and not have to give the Man his due rent. All my kids understand that Daddy remortgaged the house and spent their college tuitions on his fancy tools; now we start their apprenticeships at age 2! Old school, Baby.

  Jude Reveley, RPT
  Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
  Lowell, Massachusetts
  (978) 323-4545