Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 17 22:36:09 MST 2008

Al,

                I agree that DC units do not address the pin block in a
grand piano. Have you also noticed that the brochure seems to suggest that
it controls humidity in the action cavity as well? I believe that it’s even
a bit of a stretch to claim that it helps to prevent rusty strings in a
grand as the pictures would seems to indicate. Perhaps that’s different with
string covers but that’s not stated. I wish the pictures would be re-taken
showing upright keys, actions, strings and pin block drawings. It sure would
save a lot of time I spend in educating my customers.

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)