Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 21 08:10:04 MST 2008

Dean,
I should have qualified further.  I was not thinking of stabilizing
the tuning (which it does even better with top and bottom covers) but
of stabilizing the action.  The addition of a stringcover extends the
conditioned environment into the action cavity.  Admittedly it is not
as well conditioned as the underside of the board but the difference
in regulation stability experienced after adding a stringcover is
like that of night and day.   I suppose it might be less noticeable
on a new Kawai with the Millennium action...

Andrew Anderson