Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Feb 20 19:49:27 MST 2008

Hi Dean,

That would vary with your location. I do not say DC's without covers don't
work--just that they work much better. Bottom covers vs no bottom covers
here is some data.

2006 02 pitch correction between 9.4 cents (A4) worst note 20 cents (bottom
cover removed by client's cat some time after 2005 02 {DC install since
1992 6 foot grand})

2007 02 pitch correction between 3.3 cents (A4), worst note 9.4 cents
(bottom cover put in place one month before tuning in 2007)

2008 02 pitch correction between 1.9 (A4), worst note 4.5 cents

I have no clients with string covers, so I have no data. I do encourage my
clients to fully close the lid. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
I'd dearly love to do installs with both string covers and bottom covers.

At 05:16 PM 2/20/2008 -0500, you wrote:
> I have years of anecdotal evidence on scores of installations that say
>otherwise. Perhaps a string cover increases their effectiveness, but on many
>of my installations I dont know how. Im talking about pianos that had +/-
>25 cent seasonal variation that went to +/- 2.

>Dean

>10:26 AM
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7