Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 20 15:45:18 MST 2008

I have to agree with Dean here. My Boston GP-178 grand has a DC dehumidification system with no undercover and no string blanket. The pitch simply does not vary. I do keep the lid closed most of the time - although, often only half closed.

The environment in my Florida home is moderate compared to other areas of North America and elsewhere. We don't have the wild swings of RH that many other areas have, however, RH does range from about a minimum of about 35% to a maximum of about 75% in my home. I have no doubt what-so-ever that a string cover will increase DC effectiveness in more extreme environmental conditions.

Terry Farrell