Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 05:40:36 MST 2008

Cy, the DC unit can't physically put out enough moisture to control the humidity a room, the action or the pin block. If it did, I wouldn't have read 15% humidity in the room when I tuned the piano. As I wrote before, after 6 week the humidity in the room was up to 40% and the pinblock was back to normal.

A church is another story. Congregation enters, humidity goes sky high. Congregation departs humidity drops. That is the one place I *would* use a DC unit. I would also add a string and undercover. That's the only way you have some control in a church of keeping a piano in tune. You then just hope for the best for the action and pinblock.

Al Guecia