Door jamb guards- was Steinway B Cover

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Feb 26 06:39:11 MST 2008

Make a sacrificial piece of wood  with rounded edges that screws to the
bottom of the keybed and sticks out 1/2" further than anything else on the
piano. Stain it and put an oil finish on it. This is what will hit the door
jamb instead of anything else on the piano, sacrificing itself and saving
the piano. It really does work. The stain/oil finish will be more forgiving
than lacquer and easier to touch up.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272