New computer software

Mark Schecter mark at schecterpiano.com
Thu May 8 21:57:44 MDT 2008

It's been done. It's called a "synthesizer".

-Mark

PS It was in the pursuit of keyboardists' dollars that so much energy
was put into handing them the keys to the kingdom, so to speak. A lot
has been done by the music technology companies to empower musicians.
And I guess it's only fair to remember that pianos, too, are products of
music technology companies, likewise pursuing musicians' dollars.

But the development of high tech musical instruments wouldn't have
happened if the market wasn't there to support it. That the market won't
support the continued production of spinet pianos is too bad, maybe, for
somebody, but oh well. Change may not equal improvement, but it will happen.

-M