Using Microsoft Outlook as your contacts organizer

Jean and David Weiss djweiss at ntelos.net
Wed May 14 19:09:23 MDT 2008

The contact form in Microsoft Outlook has scores for fields for date entry.
Some of these fields are applicable, such as name, phone number, etc.
However many of the fields are for information that doesn't necessarily
apply to us, examples are Assistant's name, Department, etc.  To find the
complete list of fields click on contacts, then click on  View on the tool
bar, then Current View, Customize Current View, Fields.  This will show you
the list of all the fields.  Next see which of these fields also appear on a
contact form on your pocket pc.  Then, regardless of the name simply assign
a particular field to whatever you want it to be.  For example, the field
"Company" appears both on the desktop outlook and the pocket pc contact
form.  I renamed this field "tuning date", and in it I record the date of
the last tuning.  There's a field called "Job Title",  I renamed it "next
tuning" and use it to record the date of their next tuning.

You can also select which fields appear when you open up the contact folder,
and then you can sort by ascending or descending dates.

Hope this helps.

David Weiss