Papas got a bran new bag!

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Tue May 27 08:58:05 MDT 2008

>From the first day I entered this glorious business I knew my tool kit (some sort of computer case) would not work for long.  I upgraded to yet another computer case for a while, then a supply house tool case, then the $250 Gink, and for my last year a rolling tool bag with a few pockets and a tool roll.  I was never happy...  I have never liked the tool roll affair, it seems a little cumbersome, rolling it out on the customers floor, having kids stick little fingers in to snatch things and so on.  After my last bag began to sag in the middle from all of the wait I put in it, I thought it was a new year and time for yet another tool kit adventure.  I thought about the Big House tool bag but decided against it.  I wanted to keep my freedom and my shoulder moving.  Did I mention I carry a lot of stuff?  So it seemed that something with wheels was still in order.  I looked at the options from the supply houses, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Chicago Case Company and more...  One of the last places I checked was Sears and they were the people that had what I wanted.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00965623000P

It is the best option I have come up with for a tool kit.  It rolls, has plenty of room for everything I want to carry and things stay in place.  I am pretty sure that they only offer these online, but you can return it to the store if you don't like it.  It comes with 2 removable pallets that seem to hold everything a little better than my Gink pallet did.  The kit is covered with nylon but has a hard plastic liner that seems pretty rugged.  It has 4 zippered compartments with lots of pockets.  The back compartment has 3 bucket stile pockets with a removable pallet in front of them and 1 large pocket in front of the pallet.  The next compartment has a pallet with a smaller removable zippered bag.  The third compartment has lots of small open pockets and 4 larger zippered and or Velcro pockets, as well as a few large open pockets.  the front compartment has a water bottle holder and is useful for invoices.  So check it out!  The wheels and telescoping handle are nice!
Shawn