[pianotech] gluing on sharps

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 17:28:23 PST 2008

In a message dated 11/12/2008 12:29:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
deanmay at pianorebuilders.com writes:

In 25 years this is a first for  me, having a problem that I was not able to
resolve directly with the  customer. What is particularly bothersome, however,
is what I would deem the  very unprofessional conduct of this piano parts
supplier, giving a sight  unseen diagnosis over the phone with no prior knowledge
of the circumstances.  Their conduct has cost me several hundred dollars and
a lot of goodwill. How  do you all think I should respond?
Dean

Respond to the  supplier straightforwardly, just as you did above. Your
complaint sounds  reasonable and justified. Ask that they apologize to the
customer, with a copy  to you. If they will (and they should), have them send you a
copy; then you  write the customer that your primary concern is her
satisfaction, and that you  hope this clears things up. If that isn't enough, she may not
be the kind of  client you want, but you will have acted honorably, and done
all you can to  resolve the issue.

If eating several hundred bucks once  in a while is as bad as it gets, you're
doing well. It's normal overhead. Forget  it.

Good luck,
Bob Davis