[pianotech] stage truck casters

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 21:41:39 PST 2008

Barb

>From my experience with piano trucks, the problems is not necessarily the stem of the caster. The angle of the arm indicates that the center plates are not tightened properly, which is allowing arms of the truck to bend, and the ends of the arms, with the legs on them, almost dragging on the floor, and of course, for the caster stems to have a great deal of pressure on them.?

The only solution is to take the piano off the truck completely, and tighten the bolts on the middle plates. Doing one leg at a time will not work. I did that once, and since the arms were still bowed,?I thought they were permanently that way. So I bought and installed a new truck. But after?I took the piano off the old?truck, the?arms were straight.

Wim