OT customer service and returned phone calls.

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Sat Oct 11 08:13:18 MDT 2008

Its always been my policy to return phone calls and emails as soon as possible.  I think its a good policy to have for obvious reasons.  It don't seem to be the case with a lot of the people I have been dealing with lately though.  Example 1: I phoned a tool maker and designer that a lot of you deal with and many of you use his product.  That was 4 days ago, but no call back.  If you are selling a product for $325 you should probably return your phone calls to interested customers.  2: I left a message at 2 machine shops yesterday morning and I have yet to receive a callback.  I have the finances and prototypes together for 5 tools that I would like to start producing and needed a price quote.  3: Over 2 days ago I emailed a fellow who produces an item for piano technicians, if you want it be prepared to pay over $1800 for it, that's if he emails you back.  I'm sure I will get return correspondence in time, but its quite a drag waiting for people to get back with you.  The economy must not be affecting a lot of these peoples business because they sure don't seem to have the time to return a phone call.  My business has increased steadily over the last few months and I wonder how much I can contribute it to the fact that I am a punctual person.

Regards,
Shawn Brock, RPT
513-316-0563
www.shawnbrock.com