value of kimball grand

David West dwestpiano at msn.com
Fri Oct 17 16:57:08 MDT 2008

Hi all, Can any one tell me the approx. value of a Kimball Grand, model 5250 Ser. # D83509 Pierce shows it approx. 1984. This is my Mother-in-laws piano (recently passed) and she is near the St. Louis area (MO.) I know condition factors come to play, basically it was just a piece of furniture for her, she bought it new, and rarely played it, gloss ebony.  I have not seen it for about 10 years, but my brother-in-law says there is a crack in the lid!! (ouch) and he just wants to get rid of it.  I have an idea of the value in my area, but possibly more near a larger city?

Thanks in advance,

David West
PTG assoc.