Jack Flanges

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sun Oct 26 07:42:47 MST 2008

Matthew,
    First, If I thought responding to your posts was a waste of time I would not respond.
As to the reputation issue , if any of ours depended on the potential of a failed repair we would all be in trouble.
    Your post seems to imply that you feel that  any failure will have irrepairable consequences.
    Some 25  years ago a client called me back with some serious irritation about a bad noise in her grand piano that wasn't there before I serviced the piano. I felt perhaps as you might feel now that I was in trouble and made a big mistake or she was blaming me for something I didn't do .
  I discovered a loose hammer rest rail (A misnomer I know) . She asked what was causing the problem and I said  that her piano tuner forgot to tighten the thing when adjusting it.
 What she remembers is that I came right over , told her I had made a mistake and corrected the mistake. A rocky start ? Could have been but not really. She is still one of my most loyal clients.
People just want you to show up ,be fair and stand behind your work.That is what a reputation is built on.
    Now to this jack thing. Matthew ,I've seen your Web site and you seem to be a sincere young man who is striving to be the best technician that you can be.  You  have always been very polite and shown nothing but respect in all your postings here. It's not a problem for any of us to send off a post with well meaning advice ,but to me the answers to your questions are often right in front of you.This ain't rocket surgury.I repeat ---Trust yourself, nobody is going to die if a jack needs two tries to repair .
Matthew I am really trying to help here. Jump in. The water can get deep sometimes. That's when I call for help  and my friends on list and off are always there.

Sincerely,
Tom Driscoll
  Subject: Re: Jack Flanges

        What do I have to lose?  Just my reputation, that's all, lol.

        I respectfully request those who feel it a waste of time to respond to my posts, please refrain.  Very simple.

        Respectfully,