[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Wed Aug 5 14:24:12 MDT 2009

As I said, it is just my take.
I know that the spinet, or whatever is their pride and joy, but I charge my customers for what they want.
I know they wouldn't want to pay, anything near what it would take to bring some of these units up.
Let us face it, even when new they left much to be desired.
Different customers have different requirements, and I am not going to talk them into making a silk purse out of a sows ear, just to pad my pocket. Especially in these hard times.
I have a rural clientele, and money is tight, they have other priorities.
Then again, there is always the customers perception of sound. They all think the piano sound better, and are satisfied.
It is the customers needs that matter, not yours.
I am sure we could all spend a couple of days on any piano, making it better, but to what end.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.