[pianotech] Commissions

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:48:57 MDT 2009

I work for 2 different music stores.  One chooses a flat fee for a referal with a completed sale.  I take whatever if anything they choose to give.  I also teach piano so i am sending customers in to these stores.  The other store gives me 1% of the sale for a sale that I only refer to the store.  They give 3% if I come in with the customer to help close the deal.  I prefer the last method but that store is further away for me.  It is also a challenge to not favor one store over the other.  Happily they both carry very different lines of pianos so no brand competition.

Hope that helps,

Steven