[pianotech] smart phone vs. pda

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 07:31:10 PST 2009

 David,

I like having a separation of phone and appointment info.? I don't like too many eggs in one basket.? If one has a problem, at least you have the other one.

I have an HP IPAQ that is a great unit.? I have contacts, appointments, tunelab, maps (which have been superseded by the GPS my wife got me for Christmas),? It has the computer synch feature, as well as a card slot (great for backup).?

I went into Office Depot just before New Year's Day and tried to get a new cradle and found out that they aren't carrying PDAs at all anymore because everyone's going with smart phones.? So I went online and found a used PDA same model as mine for really cheap, in perfect shape.? You can find them for under $100.00, whatever model you choose to get.

If you're one step behind the cutting edge, you can save $$$.

Dave Stahl, RPT
Dave Stahl Piano Service
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net
dstahlpiano.net