[pianotech] screwed but good

Floyd Gadd fg at floydgadd.com
Thu Jan 8 19:55:49 PST 2009

I have occasionally (not yet in piano work) run into scews that look like
they're Phillips, but are actually Posidrive.  The machining of the head and
of the screwdriver bit are a bit different, and give a better driving
interface than the standard phillips scews and scewdrivers.  If the problem
is that the screwdriver is not staying engaged in the screw, I would you
encourage you to investigate if this is the issue.  Here's a link to a
graphic that can be useful:

http://artofdesign.files.wordpress.com/2006/07/screwdrivers.jpg

Floyd Gadd
Manitoba Chapter