[pianotech] screwed but good

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 9 05:06:30 PST 2009

John has it right (I think). http://www.mcmaster.com/  page 2779

I have a Yamaha motorcycle and I found out very quickly that a standard
philips head screwdriver will do nothing but strip screw heads in a jiffy.
Seems everyone that works on Japanese motorcycles knows what the "proper
tool" is - "Japanese Industrial Standard" screwdriver. You can stare at the
two types of tips till you're blue in the face and they look the same (well,
maybe I should put my glasses on....) - but one will slip and slide on the
screw and the other will bite right into it an not let go. I can only assume
the Asian pianos use this type of screw. IMHO, that's your proper first
step.

Terry Farrell