[pianotech] elbows

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 05:40:30 PST 2009

    Hi Rick:
    I had the same thing happen on a set of Vagias elbows I replaced the other day.  I had to go back for sluggish keys and found that the felt bushing inside the end of the elbow was too wide and was causing excess friction against the wood of the whippen.  When I took the elbows out and trimmed the felt, it was fine.  Now I check them all before installing.
    Not sure about the whip but I've repaired a few with CA in the piano.
    Mike Kurta, RPT
    Chicago chapter