[pianotech] cold pianos

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 14:24:03 PST 2009

Hi Barbara,

For every two degrees F difference between the storage and the stage tune about 1 cent sharp. The lights will still make the pianos go miserably out of tune.

I don't have a lot of data for this yet--mostly what I have garnered from tuning in rural Churches where no one turned on the heat for me.

Regards,
3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716

A colleague and I are going to be tuning pianos for the Illinois Music Educators Association All-State Convention.  Of course, the venues will store the pianos in not very well heated storage rooms, where we will have to tune.