[pianotech] Broken Hammer Shanks

bobdavis88 at aol.com bobdavis88 at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 16:38:45 PST 2009

 Matthew,

You should be able to remove the shank pieces with heat, saving you the headache of getting the bore angle right. If you have trouble with heat, shear the shank off, hand drill a small pilot at approximately the right angle, drip in a little water or vinegar, insert a drywall screw, and heat it.

Bob Davis