[pianotech] Broken Hammer Shanks

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Jan 21 16:41:34 PST 2009

If you still have some of the old shank sticking out of the hammer, clamp
the hammer in your drill press vise with the shank pointing up. Rotate the
table until the shank is parallel to the hammer shank sticking up. You now
have the correct angle. Remove hammer, cut off remaining hammer shank and
sand flush on your disc sander, re-insert into vise and drill out remainder
of shank.

Dean

  _____