[pianotech] selling old ivory

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 08:35:21 PST 2009

Anyone remember the the foot and a half long elephant tusk that Bill Smith
reconstructed out of recycled ivory tails? He glued them together with
superglue gel and put a brass cap on the end. It was beautiful! For those of
you who don't know Bill, he used to make the Golden Hammer Award, and also
became well known for carving birds out of old piano hammers!

I took a picture of some he made for me:

http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo309/rysowers/?action=view&current=steinwaybirds.jpg

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter