[pianotech] Best Way To Fix Loose Pins?

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Wed Jan 28 09:29:32 PST 2009

As has already been mentioned a number of times, CA. I used Dean's
instructions (which he resent to this thread) and have had great success
with the few pianos I've done. I charge $100, money back if it doesn't work.
Others on the list charge differently... and I believe someone guarantees it
for some length of time... I forget who or how long.

I carry a 1-ounce bottle with me for those pianos that have onesy-twosy
loose pins. When I have to remove screws to remove case parts to tune the
thing, and the screws are sloppy-loose, I put a few drops in those holes
too. By time I put the screws back on after tuning, nice 'n snug!

I keep all my glues and liquids in plastic containers that stand up in my
case so they stay upright -- 'cuz I don't want to glue my case to my car...

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN