[pianotech] Door open, but customer not home - what would you do?

Ayerspiano at aol.com Ayerspiano at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 19:55:58 MDT 2009

I look on my calendar first thing in the morning to see if there is a  note
about the customer not going to be home but door open, or key  under mat
etc,, but if there is no precondition and I get there and  there is no answer
at the door, I go back to the car call them by cell  phone,  if no answer at
either, I wait fifteen minutes and I  leave a note in the mail box,   "
sorry I missed you give me a call  ",  and most of the time I get a call from
them that night either  extremely apologetic for forgetting or "I must have
just missed you,,,  or whatever or they had been some kind of emergency. I
forgive them  and rebook the appointment.

I used to sit in driveways for up to an hour till I realized that  all I
was doing was getting myself angry.  Now I stay  a maximum of 15 minutes in
case they are on the way and running  late.  I don't charge anymore for missed
appts,, that was  almost a sure way to loose a customer. Someone here I
think Wim  mentioned  that missed appts really should be considered a part of
our  job description..  It doesn't happen that often and customers remember
and  appreceate forgiveness.

T, Ayers
Highland NY

**************Can love help you live longer? Find out now.