[pianotech] Repinning tips

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 9 11:13:39 MDT 2009

In case you didn't catch these in the Journal column TT&T when they appeared, here are a couple things that make a repinning job more pleasant.

Picture 3 is the bead box that I use for center pins. You can have as many compartments open as you wish and the compartments are big enough for stubby fingers to grab the pins. I've seen these boxes at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

Picture 2 shows florist's Styrofoam keeping screws tidy and in order. Cy Schuster gave the hint on this one and I love him for it. Here I am repinning every other flange to help keep spacing in order. The lonely screws in the rail are awaiting parts that are being repaired.

Pleasant pinning!

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois