[pianotech] bridgepins Steinway B

danny boddin danny.boddin at pandora.be
Tue Jun 9 12:01:31 MDT 2009

Hi list,
Last week a had to give my opinion on a Hamburg Steinway B °1996, for sale
. The instrument has always  been kept in a normal living environnement.
The hammers had been reshaped recently resulting in a lack of dynamic and
volume in sound.
I noticed also, in  the bass and treblebridge, at many bridgepins, a small
crack in the wood. More specific each crack at the backpin of the bridge, I
mean at the non speaking part of the strings.
In your opinion is this a problem for the future ? Myself I advised the
custommer not to buy this piano.
I’ll beappy to get more opinions on this.
Thanks,
Danny
Ternat, Belgium