[pianotech] bridgepins Steinway B

William R. Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Jun 9 15:23:08 MDT 2009

Danny, I probably would have recommended the reverse. Depends upon the
severity of the cracks. I'd say buy it - for a little less, and plan
on reshaping the hammers (pr installing new if necessary), applying
thin CA or Epotek epoxy to the base of the bridge pins, and whatever
other service work the piano needs. I don't see that either of those
problems are insurmountable, and may provide the basis for getting a
stellar instrument for a little less. Allthongs being equal, that
is. ;-)

William R. Monroe