[pianotech] Hammer rest felt

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sat Jun 13 10:45:18 MDT 2009

Thanks Keith,

Looking through the entire piano (A0 to C8), all the hammer shanks
appear to be resting on the felts, but this is the only section where
the felts were being displaced. The blow distance I measured at 50mm,
book says 47.5mm. Even if they were set at 47.5 I believe they'd still
be in contact across the entire action.

Regards,

Rob McCall