[pianotech] Fazioli (and going off-topic)

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Mon Jun 22 02:59:49 MDT 2009

Oh that's interesting Brian. Thanks for the information about the
Demidenko CD.

I have number 3 in the Bach transcriptions series, played by Piers Lane,
but that's on a Steinway. I've also got the Hyperion Bach Arrangements
with Angela Hewitt, also on Steiway, before she moved to her Fazioli.  I
also have No 2 in Hewitt's Hyperion Beethoven and somehow I can't warm to
it, but I don't know if it's the piano or not.

I'd like to do a shameless and off-topic plug for Hyperion Records here.
www.hyperion-records.co.uk

The quality of their productions is very high, always well-recorded and
always with superb notes in the booklet.

Also, in teaching a law unit I was covering copyright and Hyperion had an
interesting case (google Hyperion Sawkins Copyright). I emailed Hyperion
to ask permision to reproduce in student notes an online article by one of
their staff, and within two hours Mr Perry himself, founder of the
company, personally replied with gracious permission.

Best wishes,

David.