[pianotech] FW: Fazioli or Steinway

danny boddin danny.boddin at pandora.be
Mon Jun 22 03:04:06 MDT 2009

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: danny boddin [mailto:danny.boddin at pandora.be]
Verzonden: zondag 21 juni 2009 16:47
Aan: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
Onderwerp: Fazioli or Steinway

Dear list,
Thanks for all comments and opinions,
Main argument from custommer is that -  Steinway will keep is value on long
term, good financial choice.
Second argument is that he don’t know if Fazioli will keep is quality on
long term since the production only started in the years eighty.
Steingraeber he don’t know. I only can tell him that I am convinced that the
Steingraeber and Fazioli build today will last their technical quality for
long long time.

I visited Fazioli , Steinway Hamburg and Steingraeber factories, I played on
several occasions on all tree branches, I can agree that all are fine piano’
s and that the choice is a personal matter of taste. Custommer should try
all of them, that’s what I told him. I have no experience with Steinway New
York either not with Ron Overs pianos.

I also tried to explain that  Steinway has a very protectioning marketing,
for example the Steinway Artist Program which ‘ includes more than 1.400 of
the world’s finest
Pianists who perform on Steinway piano’s. In return for their endorsements,
Steinway Artists are provided with access to the Concert and Artist Piano
Bank: a broad selection of instruments to meet their individual touch and
tonal preferences. The Piano Bank includes approximately 430 instruments
worldwide ( 320 in the U.S.)
leased to dealers who actively support the Steinway Artist program. The
Piano Bank instruments are generally sold after four or five years and
replaced with nrw pianos.’
This is a strategy which other branches can’t afford, production of Fazioli
and Steingraeber is around seventy piano’s a year I think. Will Steinway
keep the market with their marketing? I wonder on long term if this argument
of better  financiel investment is correct.
See also two attach.
Regards
Danny Boddin
Belgium