[pianotech] FW: Fazioli or Steinway

PianoCare2 pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 22 05:32:55 MDT 2009

Danny,

Thanks for your reply and the attached articles.

You have advised your customer and now it is up to him to decide how to
choose his choice of piano and secondly how to spend his hard earned Euros.

Whatever he decides.. support him on his decision.

The published information about the Steinway monopoly is also a bit of
journalist sensationalism (designed to sell articles) really has nothing to
do with the piano buying public. There are always 2 sides to the stories,
and often the truth is pushed aside for a good story. And, the artists will
do anything for an article in the press.

You are very fortunate to live in Europe with so many choices of pianos
around you.

We can all be critical of Steinway's marketing system, however in business
we have to survive, so if the marketing works, they would be crazy to stop
it. BTW Yamaha and Kawai have bigger marketing systems and with more money
to back them, but we don't criticise them. But with this marketing money,
they still don't make inroads with the concert stages. (percentage)

I have heard a saying that I believe is true.. "The piano will choose the
buyer" .The buyer will know which piano is for him.

Let him enjoy the experience.

Kind regards

Brian Wilson

Brisbane