[pianotech] Leveling keys

Keith McGavern kam544 at allegiance.tv
Tue Jun 23 19:02:20 MDT 2009

On Jun 23, 2009, at 7:04 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:

> When they come up with a rationale, (yeah, like that's going to
> happen!), reason...I'll keep setting them keys FLAT/LEVEL/Parallel!
> That satisfy ya?
> BTW, NO, I am not "Mellowing with age"!! That's for good cheese/
> wine/???. I like my project of becoming the most curmudgeonly person
> in existance! Nossaman, has a headstart, so I have to strive extra
> hard!<G>

Joe,

With regards to Steinway grand pianos, a rationale has been given, and
should you continue to "keep setting them keys FLAT/LEVEL/Parallel" on
those particular pianos, you will continue to be in error, and you
will continue to reinforce your wishes to be known as "the most
curmudgeonly person in existance!"

I can't imagine why anyone would want to wear that as a badge of
honor, but you seem to want that, and much to the delight that some
have already expressed.

Best to you and your project of becoming,

Keith