[pianotech] Strange Customer Complaint

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed Jun 24 06:40:40 MDT 2009

  Subject: [pianotech] Strange Customer Complaint

  Had a music teacher ring today to complain about the tune done on the school piano yesterday. The complaint was, the top 1 & 1/2 octaves of the piano constantly sustain when the notes were played! After I explained that it was because there was no dampers on that part of the piano, he calmed down a bit. I'm guessing piano mightn't be his specialty instrument!

  Alastair.
  David Lawson's Pianos
  Wangaratta
  Australia

  David,
   How about the music teacher complaining that the middle pedal isn't working on her grand piano?She pushes it down and nothing happens!
  Tom Driscoll