[pianotech] Database for Piano Business

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 3 15:25:28 PST 2009

I conferred with my friend Norm, who is a programmer and is now getting back into piano work.   He suggested you print out all the info and hire someone to enter it into whatever new program you want to use.   Seems like a good idea to me.   When I moved from Piano Service Manager (Dean Reyburn's program), I just ended up entering all new customers into Time & Chaos and slowly entering the important customers from PSM into T & C.
A mailing to all your customers about piano service in the next year or so might very well thin out your customer base.   You could enter the responding customers and use PTBiz as a backup database for the old customers.

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044