[pianotech] Steinway decal help

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Mar 6 11:14:56 PST 2009

Bob,

You might try emailing Kent Webb at Steinway.  KWebb at steinway.com

Paul

BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
03/06/2009 12:13 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

cc

Subject
[pianotech] Steinway decal help

We are refinishing a Steinway Model K from 1906, which does not have its
original decal. We would like to know which decal this would have had, out
of the many possibilities. I don't have another one in my clientele to
which I can refer. Does anyone have access to one of these K's, from very
close to this date and case style, with an original or definitely correct
decal?

The case is pretty boxy, except for indented sides. The legs are square
tapered. It has the square, not rounded, fallboard, and the
fallboard-mounted hinged strip that holds music.

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Bob Davis

Need a job? Find employment help in your area.