[pianotech] becket crimping tool

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Fri Mar 13 19:40:20 PDT 2009

Paul,

Huh?  A brass drift?  As in, you coil the wire, pull on some tension and
angle a brass drift down to the becket and tap?  Am I on the right track
here?  I haven't done it, might try it, but it seems cumbersome, or maybe
difficult to put enough pressure on the becket to tighten it up without
putting undue stress on the side of the tuning pin.  Probably looking at
things with a microscope here.  Where's my magnifying glass?  Ron?

William R. Monroe

SNIP