[pianotech] CA glue vs. PinTite or Garfield's

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 06:11:58 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Jeff Deutschle <oaronshoulder at gmail.com>wrote:

I have used CA only once and do not plan on using it again.

You really should give it more than one try. It doesn't work every time, but
when it works, it works well. I tell my customers that it works 9 times out
of 10.  Some better than others. I've done maybe 10-12 applications.

Some CA glues work better than others. Thin CA I got from Wal-Mart (because
my order didn't come in on time, and I had the job scheduled) didn't work
well at all. I have gotten great results from Dryburgh Adhesives.  I
generally use 2 oz, making 2-3 passes until the CA is gone. Dryburgh also
has the applicator tips, which prevent excess CA from spilling on the plate.
 Use Q-tips to soak up any excess (there won't be much if you're careful).
Most jobs take only about an hour, including time for tipping (for
verticals).

I usually keep an extra 2 oz. bottle in the freezer so it will be available
when I need it.

--
JF