[pianotech] (no subject)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon May 11 09:46:31 MDT 2009

On 5/11/09, Jeff Deutschle <oaronshoulder at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, many teachers don't get their pianos tuned regularly, either.
>
> Also, I believe, that when there is a major pitch raise, the bends in
> the wire move to new places, cause false beats in the treble (at least
> for a while) and also cause instability as the bends straighten and
> new bends form. This can be used as an argument for both tuning where
> it is or for tuning to pitch.

Musing...
Wouldn't that be that the strings are going back to their original (at
pitch) kinks, thus _eliminating_ false beats which may have been
caused at the tuning pin/capo/v-bar end of the string? The major
movement would be at that end and very little at the bridge end where
there probably are false beats from other causes, anyway.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,