[pianotech] Removing a Steinway Pinblock

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Mon May 25 02:59:28 MDT 2009

Paul-
You are referring to cutting the block into two pieces before removing it.
Well, having learned it this way (using Cliff Geers method of splitting the block from the stretcher), it never occurred to me that it was no longer necessary.
Since cutting the block with a hand saw is my least favorite part of the procedure, I will gladly omit that step!
Thank you!
Ed